Another month is in the books, which means it’s time for a new set of “Google Play System” updates. While this month’s Android security bulletin has not yet been released, Google has already unveiled new features and enhancements coming in the June 2022 Play system update. These include everything from Google Play Services, Play Store and various other Google related Android system components.
According to the updated support page, the Google Play system update for June 2022 brings critical bug fixes to account management and diagnostics-related services. After receiving the new update, you should be able to find a handful of new features in the Play Pass and Play Points applications. The release also optimizes Play Store’s download routines.
Here is the full change log for the Google Play system update for June 2022:
- Critical corrections
- [Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for account management and system administration and diagnostics related services.
- Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let players start playing mobile games while app downloads continue to reduce latency.
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Optimizations that enable faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features for the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Improvements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements in security, stability, and availability.
- System management
- Updates to system administration services that improve device performance and stability and performance.
- Developer services
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads and developer feature-related developer services in their apps.
To get the aforementioned features, enhancements and more on your own Android device, you need Google Play Services version 22.18 (or 22.21) and Play Store version 30.3, both of which should have started rolling out by June 1st.
Source: Google System Updates Support Page