Zero-G sandbox game Hardspace: Shipbreaker is coming out of early access.
A new announcement has revealed that the unique FPS will have its full official launch on May 24, 2022 – two years after it first became available on Steam Early Access.
“Dust off your mag gloves and charge your split saw, we have some good news!” reads the message. The date for the Hardspace: Shipbreakers 1.0 update and its full release from Early Access has been set. Your first full version will begin on May 24, 2022. “
Hardspace: Shipbreaker is a unique spin on the FPS genre, as you get groundbreaking salvage technology and are tasked with cutting down abandoned spaceships to recycle valuable materials – and it’s all in the name of paying a billion dollars to a faceless person. Corporation.
When you play space worker for Lync Corporation, there is no way to escape your debt, as the company literally owns your DNA – collects you again after unfortunate work accidents to ensure you continue working.
The 1.0 launch update brings a number of additions and improvements:
- Campaign act three – The campaign’s last act brings the story to its exciting conclusion.
- Save and load ships – You can now save salvage that is in progress, so there is no need to lose if you need to get away from the game too little.
- Improved progression, economy, and upgrades – All of these improvements should help fine-tune the game’s progression to be more satisfying.
- Improved performance and stability – A number of bugs and performance issues have been resolved to allow the game to run more smoothly.
- Steam achievements, trading cards, emoticons and backgrounds.
In addition, progress will be reset on launch day to ensure that everyone officially starts the game on an equal footing.
Hardspace: Shipbreaker screenshots
“After nearly two years in an incredibly fun and successful Early Access race, we are incredibly proud and excited that Hardspace: Shipbreaker is reaching Full Release,” the team explained. “As always, we owe a massive billion in debt to our Early Access community for supporting the game and helping shape and improve it. Ship dismantling can be a one-man job (as dangerous as it can be), but it took you all to help us to get to this point. “
Hardspace: Shipbreaker is available on Steam for PC, with PS4 and Xbox One versions reportedly to be made available at a later date.
Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him further Twitter.