After rolling out the first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta build based on Android 12 to the original OnePlus Nord earlier this month, OnePlus has now started rolling out the first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta release for OnePlus Nord 2. The Open Beta update gives users a chance to experience all the new Android 12 features included in OnePlus’ custom Android skin ahead of the stable release. If you are a OnePlus Nord 2 user and you are interested in trying OxygenOS 12 on your phone, here is everything you need to know about the update.
According to a recent post on OnePlus Community forums, OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 based on Android 12 is now available for OnePlus North 2. The build includes all the features that Google introduced with Android 12, along with a few handy additions from OnePlus. See the full change log in the following section for a quick overview of the most important updates.
- Recently added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that extends battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-recovery technology
- Optimized AI System Booster for 2.1 so that your system can run smoothly, even when the load is high
- Optimized desktop icons with enhanced textures using a design inspired by brand new materials and uniting light and layers
- Optimized Extra HD, a feature that can significantly improve image and video resolutions
- Dark condition
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, providing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New extra style options for maps that make the data content more visual and easier to read
- Recently added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf so you can search more content on your phone, including apps, settings, media data, etc.
- Recently added OnePlus Watch Card on shelf, for easy viewing of your health status
- Balance between work and leisure
- The Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, so you can easily switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work / Life mode switching based on specific locations, Wi-Fi networks and time, and also brings custom app notification profiles according to personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger squeezing motion, intelligently recognizing the best images and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more comfortable
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD gives you new different styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring images
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify features and skin color of different shapes
- Recently added HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
Although not mentioned in the change log, the update also includes the Android security fixes for April 2022. In addition, OnePlus’ announcement post lists a few known issues in the first Open Beta release that you should be aware of if you plan to install the update on your unit.
- Known issues
- You may not be able to use Face Lock in the dark after turning on Brighten the screen in low light through Settings.
- Fortnite goes down when you play the game.
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 based on Android 12 for OnePlus Nord 2
If you want to try OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus Nord 2, you can download the OTA package from the link below. After downloading the firmware, move it to the root folder of your phone’s internal storage. Then navigate to Settings> System> System updates> Local upgrade and select the OTA package to start the installation. OnePlus notes that this installation method will not delete your data, but we still recommend taking a backup to be on the safe side. If you want to return to a stable OxygenOS release, you can flash the rollback package (link below). Note, however, that it will delete your data completely.
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus Nord 2 (India version) || Download the rollback package
Source: OnePlus Community Forums