When Wordle Being tough players may require a clue to help them on the right path when trying to solve the puzzle in six attempts or less.
The daily brain teaser gives its players the task of figuring out the word in 5 letters with only a color-based system to help those who make letters gray when not in the word, yellow when in the right place, and green , when correct.
But sometimes it is not enough, so to help users get the right words of the day Newsweek has put together several hints that may prove useful, and the answer itself is also given at the end of the article.
The origin of ‘Wordle’
Wordle was originally created by software engineer Josh Wardle for him and his partner Palak Shah. He first started working on the game in 2013 before returning to the project during the COVID-19 pandemic.
After enjoying the game together for some time, Wardle decided to make it available to the public in October 2021, and the game then became a global hit.
Wordle is so popular Wardle’s website for the game reached a peak of over 45 million users a day, and it also inspired other daily puzzles like the guessing game on the globe. Worldle and the math-based Nerd.
In January 2022, Wardle sold the game to The New York Times Company for an unknown seven-figure amount, and the puzzle moved over to the publication’s platform in February.
The graph below, provided by Statista, shows Wordles increase in popularity when Wardle originally owned the game.
‘Word’ # 305 5 tips for Wednesday, April 20th
Newsweek has put together five clues that will help players come up with the right result for Word # 305 on their own.
Each tip is designed to be more revealing than the last, so Wordle fans can either read them all or stop at the point where they feel most confident about what the answer might be.
- Tip # 1: “Ouija” is the best starting word for Wednesday, April 20, as it will reveal the two vocals of today Wordle.
- Tip # 2: For fans of Uncharted games, or indeed the Tom Holland movie, the character Nathan Drake is thrown out of a plane with Word # 305.
- Tip # 3: Wordle players who are well versed in fashion trends might recognize this word as the description of loose-fitting pants that have many pockets.
- Tip # 4: Synonyms for Wordle Wednesday, April 20 includes a “haul”, a “payload” and a “freight”.
- Tip # 5: Merriam-Webster defines Word # 305 as “goods or merchandise carried in a ship, aircraft or vehicle.”
‘Word’ # 305 Answer for Wednesday, April 20
The answer to Wordle Wednesday, April 20 is “cargo”.
Wordle refreshes at 19.00 ET every day and then the next word will be made available for players to try to solve.
Wordle fans who need something to keep busy while waiting until the daily puzzle is updated can try these similar word-based puzzles.