Many Call of Duty gamers prefer the precision that keyboard and mouse games offer, but it is not just PC gamers who can benefit from it. Here’s the best keybindings for Vanguard and how to use a mouse and keyboard on Xbox and PlayStation.
With crossplay now included in all premium Call of Duty games, the debate between keyboard and mouse (KBM) and controller is raging. Some players believe that the precision a mouse offers gives KBM players a huge advantage, while others still feel that “broken” controller sighting needs to be turned down.
Still, the keyboard and mouse are a great way to play Call of Duty: Vanguard, offering the precision of aiming with the entire arm and a complete keyboard of buttons at your disposal. In addition, you can also use KBM on your Xbox and PlayStation.
Here are the best keychains for Call of Duty: Vanguard Season 2 Reloaded, and how to play on Xbox and PlayStation with a keyboard and mouse.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard mouse settings
How to find the best mouse sensitivity in Vanguard
The first thing you need to do is make sure that the Aiming Input Device is set as Mouse. You can not change this setting once matchmaking has started, so if it is the default for “Controller”, you will not be able to move and will have to back out to change it.
But for sensitivity, it’s really up to you and your favorite DPI (basically your mouse sensitivity). When the whole game launches, you will be able to create a private match and find the perfect settings for you.
A good rule of thumb, though, is that pulling your mouse from one end of the pad to the other will result in a full 360-degree turn. This is not perfect for everyone, but is a solid starting point for finding the best sensitivity.
Once you have locked your sensitivity, there are a few more settings that you should adjust to play as best as possible.
- Mouse sensitivity: 5 (use the tips above to find what’s best for you)
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
- Custom sensitivity per zoom: Of
- Transition timing for ADS sensitivity: Instant
- Vertical sight (on foot): Standard
- Vertical sight (ground vehicles): Standard
- Vertical sight (aircraft): Standard
Advanced mouse settings
- ADS Mouse Sensitivity Mode: Older (alternative)
- Monitor distance coefficient: 0
- ADS Sens. Multiplier (Still goal): 1.00
- Mouse wheel input delay: 0
- Mouse acceleration: 0
- Mouse filtering: 0
- Mouse smoothing: Of
For the mode, experienced players can find the most comfort in Legacy (Alternative), as this is the same old setting found in Warzone. Or you can try the relative setting that comes standard in Vanguard.
And you want Acceleration, Filtering and Smoothing all turned off completely. These all sacrifice precision, so they are simply not worth it.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard keybinds
Here are our recommended keybindings for playing Vanguard. Of course, these settings all depend on preference, but these are a solid start as you get used to playing with mouse and keyboard.
- Crow behavior: Shift
- Wear behavior: Press
- Prone behavior: Shift
- Airborne jacket: User Manual
- Automatic ground cover: Of
- Mantle Stance Queuing: On
- Automatic sprint: Automatic tactical sprint
- Sprint / Tactical Sprint Behavior: Shift
- Sprint cancels reload: Of
- Interaction with doorbash: Automatic
- Walking behavior: Keep
- Walking speed: 25% of normal speed
Weapons and equipment
- Aim for visual impairment: Keep
- Activation of weapon mounting: ADS + melee
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: Of
- Equipment behavior: Keep
- Quick Satchel Charge Detonation: On
- Change zoom split input: Fixed goal
- Wrap-Around Weapon Contact: On
- Exhausted ammunition weapon contact: On
- Interaction behavior: Press
- Automatic fire behavior: Keep
Overlays and shortcuts
- Scoreboard behavior: Keep
- System key behavior: Operating system
It is useful to be able to quickly minimize the game by pressing the Windows key. But if you tend to press it accidentally, you can switch System key behavior to Game, which disables the Windows key.
- Move on: W
- Move back: S
- Move left: ONE
- Move right: D
- Jump / Stand / Mantle: Space Bar
- Hook / Glide: CTRL
- Prone: Z
- Sprint / Steady Goals: Move
Weapons and equipment
- Firearms: Left mouse button
- Aim down: Right mouse button
- Previous weapon: 1 / Mouse wheel down
- Next weapon: 2 / Mouse wheel up
- Lethal equipment: Music button 5
- Tactical equipment: Music button 4
- Field upgrade: x
- Mêlée / End: V
- Reload: R
- Use: E
- Weapon holder: Aim and melee
- Alternative fire: B
- Killstreak Slot 1: 3
- Killstreak Slot 2: 4
- Killstreak Slot 3: 5
- Killstreak Slot 4 (extra): 6
- Killstreak Wheel: K
- Gas: W
- Backwards: S
- Turn left: ONE
- Turn to the right: D
- Detonate: Left mouse button
How to play Vanguard with a keyboard and mouse on PlayStation and Xbox
Even if you’re on consoles, you can still take advantage of the precision that a mouse and keyboard offer. Fortunately, it’s extremely easy to set up, as Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 all offer KBM support.
Once connected, load Vanguard and use the settings above to get the best possible keychains.
How to use mouse and keyboard on PlayStation
To connect a mouse and keyboard to your PlayStation, simply connect them to the USB ports on the back of the console. Wait a few seconds and your PS4 or PS5 should pick up the new input. You can then navigate to Devices and fine-tune the controls.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to using SMEs on PlayStation:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 or 5
- Plug your external devices into the USB ports on the back of the console
- Wait for PlayStation to recognize the keyboard and mouse
- Navigate to ‘Devices’
- From here, you can fine-tune the KBM controls until you are comfortable
How to use Xbox mouse and keyboard
Connecting a keyboard and mouse to an Xbox console is very much the same as connecting to a PlayStation. Simply connect the external devices to the USB ports on your Xbox and the console will quickly recognize the new inputs.
Remember that you will need your controller to navigate the Xbox user interface and settings menus.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to using SMEs on Xbox consoles:
- Turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X | S
- Connect your external devices to the USB ports on the console
- Wait for the Xbox to recognize the keyboard and mouse
- Select ‘Profiles and system’> ‘Settings’> ‘Devices and connections’
- From here you can configure your mouse and keyboard
And that’s all you need to know about playing Call of Duty: Vanguard on a mouse and keyboard, even when playing on consoles.
For more Vanguard you can check out the best controller and sound settings, as well as the best weapons in the game.
Image credit: Activision / Logitech