Streaming video giant Netflix recently shocked the entertainment industryin the first quarter of 2022. The company had previously projected one increase of 2.5 million subscribers during that period.
Why are so many users leaving Netflix? The decline ofRestrictions are a big reason – people used to be limited to now have more entertainment options available such as eating out, attending concerts or .
does not help Netflix either. The high cost of food and have families cut other expenses, and in early 2022 may have made it known as a potential budget cut.
In its shareholder letter for Q1 2022, the company mentionedas a significant factor in the loss of subscribers. It claims Netflix resulted in a net loss of 700,000 global subscribers.
As competitors like, , and growing, more users may be considering canceling Netflix. If you’re ready to go , , and behind, read on to learn how to easily cancel your Netflix account.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription on your phone or tablet
It is easy to cancel your subscription on a computer (see next section). Netflix makes it hard to unsubscribe from your phone and tablet, but there is a way to do that even if you are not going to use any of the official Netflix apps in the App Store or Play Store. Instead, use the selected web browser to cancel your Netflix account:
1. Go to Netflix.com on your web browser and log in to your account. If you are redirected to the app, go to the Netflix website in a private browser, which prevents redirection from taking place.
2. Press menu with three bars top left to open the side menu.
3. Now frame Account.
4. Scroll down and press Terminate membership, which you will find under Membership and invoicing. The next page notifies you that your cancellation will take effect at the end of your current billing period.
5. Tap the blue to cancel your Netflix subscription End cancellation button.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription on your computer
Terminating your Netflix subscription is much more straightforward on your computer. To get started, simply open your favorite web browser and then follow these steps:
1. Go to Netflix.comlog in to your account and select a user. Do not use a child account, otherwise you will not be able to access your account settings.
2. Then hover the mouse over the user icon at the top right and click Account.
3. Press Terminate membership button.
4. Finally click on the blue one End cancellation button.
New Netflix subscription prices
The price is rising for the three levels of Netflix’s streaming service provided by the companyis now in effect for new subscribers and rolling out to existing Netflix customers. You may have received an email about the price increases, but if you have not, here is the latest price list:
Netflix pricing plans
Old monthly price
New monthly price