One of the popular Solana wallets, Phantom, announced the official launch of its app on Android. The latest developments follow the earlier launch of its iOS mobile app earlier in 2022.
- In a tweet thread Monday (April 18, 2022), Phantom revealed that users can now download its mobile app from the Google Play Store. This means they can send, receive, exchange, wager, earn and store crypto- and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) from anywhere on any mobile phone running on Android.
- According to a blog post:
“Newly released features on the Phantom such as push notifications and our enhanced ‘Recent Activity’ tab are also live on Android at launch.”
- Phantom further stated that there was an overwhelming interest from the community during the beta phase, stating that over 50,000 people participated in the test period of the application.
- The press release also noted that Phantom experienced increased adoption on Android from users in Vietnam, India and Indonesia.
- Back in November 2021, Phantom announced plans to launch the mobile version of its wallet. Later in December, co-founder and CEO Brandon Millman said that while the team is focusing on a mobile app, there are plans to “add more NFT-specific features like being able to buy and sell NFTs.”
- Meanwhile, the Android launch comes shortly after the Solana-based crypto wallet unveiled its iOS mobile app in February 2022. Phantom also hit unicorn status after raising $ 109 million from investors such as Paradigm, Andreessen Horowitz, Variant and Jump Capital in a Series B funding.
- With the launch of the Phantom app on both iOS and Android, the blog post stated that innovative features around NFTs could go live over the next few months.
Binance Free $ 100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $ 100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter the POTATO50 code to receive up to $ 7,000 on your deposits.